How do I pick an idea?
Teams can work on any idea that is of interest to them, provided that ideas are related to the legal industry.
The two judged categories include:
- Progressing the business of law; or
- Facilitating access to justice
GLH supporting organizations highlight important challenges that face the legal industry everyday. #GLH2019 is platform where innovative solutions are formed to address these issues. Challenges do not represent different judging categories, but rather are used to help focus teams on creating solutions with a potential to have a real impact.
Legal Billing Challenge
Legal billing is part of the financial “nervous system” of the legal industry, but often a source of friction and expense (and frequent aggravation) for both law firms and clients. As an ecosystem technology, blockchain holds the promise of improving accuracy, streamlining reconciliation, and speeding up payments for all stakeholders, worldwide. The Blockchain Legal Billing Challenge will recognize one outstanding team from around the world that demonstrates a high impact application of blockchain tech related to legal billing.
REGULATORY & CORPORATE COMPLIANCE:
- Track legal changes affecting the industry and the impact on the firm and its customers – Can we provide corporations with information and insights, that can be customized for their needs to identify, assess and address regulatory changes.
- Better understanding regulatory changes/events, particularly across multiple jurisdictions and their impact– Large corporations and law firms operate in multiple countries, need to understand the same / similar regulations across the globe. Can we design a solution to provide this information?
- Addressing data privacy concerns – Can we provide legal professionals with tools which enable prediction of data privacy & security risk and improve speed and accuracy of reporting
- Monitor data privacy and integrity- What should a law firm or a General Counsel do to effectively monitor and manage data privacy for its customers and employees?
IMPROVE BUSINESS EFFICIENCY:
- Comprehensive contract lifecycle management – Can we provide legal professionals with a solution that would help them through the entire contract lifecycle?
- Provide relevant legal information connecting external and internal knowledge - Better leveraging law firm internal knowledge and connecting it with external information to provide customized insights into practice and business of law.
- Craft a winning litigation strategy - How can we provide lawyers with data-driven insights to craft their litigation strategy?
- Enable small legal professionals to compete with bigger players – Is there a way that legal professionals can leverage technology to improve efficiency, expand their access to legal services, and improve margins and profitability?
- Manage and develop legal talent – Legal professionals need to not only use but understand the cutting edge technology and its impact on the law. How can we provide them with the opportunity to be part of the tech community and leverage their talent?
- Enable law school students to be “practice ready” - How can we get law school students, to be technologically savvy and “practice